- 2 Jln Pinang (parking at Golden Landmark Hotel, sauna is 2 blocks away from the hotel and a half block from the Sultan Mosque), 6295-5668, email. Nearest MRT: Bugis (5 minute walk towards Sultan Mosque). This small and friendly neighborhood sauna attracts a steady stream of unpretentious guys of all ages and races. Internet café with free access, large steam room. Very hospitable staff. Nude night on Sun. Inexpensive and no membership fee required. Open daily.
- 17 Upper Circular Rd (near the river, between Boat Quay and Clarke Quay), 6223-0017, email. Nearest MRT station is Clark Quay. Largest men's member sauna and fitness club in Singapore. Machine circuit, free weights, sauna, steam, swimming pool, and al fresco café. A huge fantasy-infused recreation area on 2/F surpasses most facilities in the region: gothic arched hallways, maze and cul de sacs, video theater, adjustable industrial lighting, portals, dens, view ports, and more. Broad spectrum of adult customers of all ages, races, and a notable lack of posers. Busy even on weekday afternoons! Ask for their "slightly larger" towel if you are a chub. 350+ attend their "go natural" nights on Fri. Mon is Popcorn and Movie Night. Tue is YMCA Night with S$1.70 entry for anyone under 22. Wed, show your tattoo at the door and get a $5. discount. Thu is Short Towel Night. Sat is Underwear Night. Lifetime membership costs S$10. Entry fee is additional.
Comments from Utopians:"Shogun has improved by leaps and bounds. Staff are friendly and the crowd that comes here is generally mixed. Skin nights are well patronised and every one is here to have fun - no attitude. I wish there were a more interesting maze and intimate spaces. Highly recommended." -- deltapool, Nov 9, 2007 "Shogun has some new themes coming up like a fundoshi (Japanese loin cloth) night and Hxmen for the stocky or beefy guys." -- genewilly, Nov 2, 2007 "LED lights have been put up around dim corridors, dark room and stairs in dark areas to prevent accidents." -- AndrewWong, Sep 26, 2007 "ShoGun now boasts more space, better facilities and promises exciting experiences on three levels. The management should address some safety standards issues. For instance, an electrical socket was left uncovered at one end of the wall in the shower room. There are many stairs to climb in the dim corridors and dark rooms. Luminous markings on the steps could help prevent accidents. Tall guys could easily hit their head in the large dark room with the two levels." -- shy66guy, Sep 8, 2007 "Shogun is full of chubs and mature people. If you are into them then it's your place to be." -- jucavi, Jun 30, 2007
The Chinatown neighborhood is easy to navigate using our Utopia map:
- TEN Mens
- 21 Tanjong Pagar Rd #03-01, (see map, one floor below Mox), 6327-8870. Enter from Murray St, behind Fairfield Methodist Church, and take the lift at the left hand side of Ya Kon coffee stall. Steam room, lots of private rooms, Big TV and relaxing area. Nice place with friendly staff.
Comments from Utopians:"Just went to Ten Mens. While Thu is beef nite, it looked more like a chub nite." -- SiMpLy1981, Jan 9, 2008 "TEN Mens seems to have more of those beefy and muscular guys there on Sat and Thu nite. Younger people are going Wed, Thu, Fri and Sat. Chub and chaser types meet on Tue." -- comeon, Nov 4, 2007 "TEN Men's chub and chaser night is on Tue now. Fri has become a underwear night (not very happening)." -- genewilly, Nov 2, 2007 "Ten Mens is relatively inexpensive at S$16 per entry, but not as big as One Seven. It has only one floor. The private rooms have a mattress, tissue paper and a bin, and there is a condom in the locker (carry that one condom with you), but you must bring your own lube. I was here early Fri evening (4-7 pm), the crowd was mainly men in their mid 30-40s." -- yinghuantang, Sep 16, 2007 "A relatively new sauna in the heart of the city. TEN Mens is professionally run with courteous and friendly staff, from the reception to the maintainence group who frequently check on the state and cleanliness of the rooms, corridors, shower rooms and toilets. The huge TV lounge area is furnished with very comfortable leather sofas and a brilliant selection of gay Asian movies. There are many private rooms lined along a common dark corridor and they are equipped with adjustable light switches. The maze area is uncomplicated yet private. For those who enjoy group fun, there is a fairly large hall at the rear lined with comfortable mattresses. The shower area is large and you can choose public or private. The steam room also includes a rainfall section." -- shy66guy, Aug 18, 2007 "Just visited the place on Fri between 6-9pm. It's happening if you are a chub or beefy guy. They've just started a Bare-All Nite on Wed." -- genewilly, Jul 18, 2007
- Y Club
- 2/F 16A Smith St (see map, near South Bridge Rd), 6221-4690, email. The super friendly Y Club is the most affordable gay sauna in town and the atmosphere feels a bit like a gay family reunion with smiles all around. This small and homey space is comprised of three floors. Facilities and amenitites include a weight-training machine, jogging machine, Internet stations, 60-inch TV lounge, café, steam room, private rooms, small hot pool, dry sauna, and dark maze. They also aim to provide workshops on critical gay community information. Air in all corners purified with hydro air-filters, and antiseptic spray is provided in all private cabins. Crowd is all ages and races with lots of uncles, daddies and seniors in the mix. Utopia Member Discount
Comments from Utopians:"Quite a few people there with a mixed clientele. But Y Club oversells itself on its website. It's small and cramped and rather unpleasantly smokey. And the 'spa pool' is a joke. However, at S$6 for entry you pay for what you get." -- bear4unz, Aug 23, 2007 "Y Club is basic and the crowd was mainly uncles when I visited. It seems to attract the kind of crowd who likes the S$6 entrance fee." -- yinghuantang, Sep 25, 2006 "Visited Y Club on my recent trip. Though small, it was a good choice. Located unassumingly along Smith St, there is only a small sign indicating the door. The guys during my visit were mostly Chinese uncles. The staff (2 of them) were very accommodating. The place is relatively clean, though the steam room at the end of the dressing area on 2/F was quite small." -- PINOY, Sep 18, 2006
- Diamond (mixed)
- 05-01 Sultan Plaza, 100 Jln Sultan Plaza (near junction with Beach Rd), 6392-2396, email. Facilities include sauna, steam, 2 large jacuzzis (with open view of shower area), pool, karaoke room, game machines, pool table, free Internet surfing, TV room, private cabins with dimming lights, dim cul de sacs, and a relaxing dim video theater with reclining lounges for snacks (yummy and free traditional desserts), coffee and tea. Mostly gay, but also attracts bisexual men (both masseur and masseuse are available here). Crowd is mature Chinese uncles to grandpas, beefy, bearish, masculine, working class and their admirers. Early bird (10am-1pm) and late night (7pm-11pm) special entry discounts. Very friendly!